The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 49 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 49 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fburl - Line: 58 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 58 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fburl - Line: 58 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is $1000 to you?

Googleplus Pint
THE "TOP" TIER
Initial impressions of the iPhone X are in and well, it made for quite the read. This coupled with reviews of the Pixel XL, especially it's screen make me wonder; just how much is $1000 worth?
THE PIXEL XL
A coworker got the Pixel XL on Monday, and I got to play with it for a bit. The software is amazingly fast, fluid and intuitive. He mentioned little smart thing the phone did like after using it for 2 days, he got a notification saying "You use your phone a lot at home. Keep it unlocked here?" and that delighted him. One day however, he hadn't used his phone at home for a while and it asked him "Lock your phone at home after 4 hours of inactivity?" Another welcome surprise to him, he opted in.
He's very pleased with his purchase, and his screen is one of the "perfect" Pixel XL screens. I however, found it abhorrent. The blue light shifting is definitely a thing and the tilt angle need not even be obtuse; anything aside from dead on viewing means I saw the shift. In other words, looking at your phone on a desk? Colors are off. Looking at it from pulling it out of your pocket to your face? Kaleidoscope of colors. Simply put, the Pixel Xl's screen is utterly inexcusable.
The Pixel XL pushes $1000.
THE IPHONE X
I started reading Nilay's impressions expecting to finish with a strong feeling of envy. Apple would surely show Google how hardware is done. Apple knows premium; the only premium misstep they've made is with the ill fated luxury Gen 1 Apple watches. They'd knock this thing outside the park, definitely.
As the paragraphs went by however, my "wtf's per paragraph" went up. You said what about the phone in landscape? Face ID is finicky in sun or fluorescent light? No app has nailed the landscape design so far? People need to adapt to this phone instead of the other way round?
The iPhone X is easily past $1000.
$1000 is different things to many people. To me however, these phones are not $1000. You may differ.

Hello World!:

- tes
- Hello Friends . Welcome Back
Hasan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a dual screen phone possible/practical now? Hasan 0 1,091 12-06-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Hasan